Diversity & Equality
Successful management of equality and diversity issues can play a major role in talent attraction and retention. It will greatly reduce the risk and cost of litigation. However, many businesses struggle with what is a very complex area of law, particularly as the legal landscape undergoes significant upheaval as a result of the UK leaving the European Union.
We can help your business by:
- Reviewing or drafting equal opportunities and family friendly policies to ensure they remain up to date and are not inadvertently discriminatory.
- Advising on the management of equality and diversity issues such as flexible working or shared parental leave requests.
- Training your staff on equality and diversity issues in order to reduce the risk of a claim arising.
- Advising you on how to investigate and respond to allegations of discrimination under disciplinary or grievance procedures.
- Defending discrimination claims brought against the company or its staff or representing individuals wishing to pursue a discrimination claim.
- Advising a regulated business on conducting a robust grievance investigation into allegations of sexual harassment and discrimination in the workplace. Providing guidance on the outcome of the investigation and negotiating the exit of members of staff.
- Advising on investigating allegations of bullying by the managing director of a regulated business and his subsequent dismissal. Defending the following litigation and achieving a highly favourable settlement of the alleged claims.
- Representing City-based women and disabled workers in a number of complex and hard-fought discrimination claims. Achieving outstanding settlements which included payment of their legal costs.
Get in Touch
If you would like further information on our Equality and Diversity services then please contact John Hayes on 020 3696 8230