Executive Negotiations & Settlement Agreements
Appointing or removing senior executives can be complex and fraught with difficulty. Getting it wrong can prove very costly, particularly where the executive also has rights as a shareholder or regulatory obligations, such as those in the financial services sector.
We can assist you through:
- Drafting and negotiating the terms of service agreements and non-executive director appointment letters.
- Preparing bonus and commission schemes as well as long-term incentive plans for incoming executives.
- Advising on employee shareholder arrangements, which can yield valuable capital gains tax relief.
- Providing strategic advice on the exit of a senior executive, taking into account shareholder issues and regulatory issues.
- Drafting and negotiating settlement agreements for corporate and individual clients.
- Advising a private-equity firm on appointing a new Chief Executive to run one of their portfolio companies. Drafting the directors’ service agreement and negotiating detailed restrictive covenants and bonus provisions.
- Advising a leading insurance broker on the terms of his settlement agreement and successfully negotiating favourable amendments to his restrictive covenants.
- Achieving a creative solution for a senior female executive to include a high ex gratia payment and an agreed reference and leaving announcement. Working in conjunction with accountants and tax specialists to structure the settlement in the most tax efficient manner.
Get in Touch
If you would like further information on our Executive Services then please contact Caroline Glacken on + 44 (0) 20 3696 8230