The UK’s recruitment sector is dynamic and fast-changing. It is already subject to significant regulation, such as the Agency Workers Regulations and Conduct of Business Regulations. More recent changes have been largely the result of reforms intended to increase tax revenues. These reforms will continue to have a significant impact on the recruitment industry and sectors like construction, which is heavily reliant on temporary labour, will also feel the impact.
We can help your business by:
- Advising on the Conduct of Business Regulations and Agency Workers Regulations.
- Advising on self-employment models and the implications of tax issues, such as IR35 and the Construction Industry Scheme. We work with some of the UK’s leading accountants to provide specialist tax advice where required.
- Drafting or negotiating documentation such as consultancy agreements, umbrella contracts, temporary labour supply agreements and master or neutral vendor contracts.
- Acting on transfer fee disputes.
- Business protection advice in relation to the recruitment sector (see our Restrictive Covenant services).
- Acting for an employment business in the Mercantile Court in relation to transfer fee litigation.
- Drafting a temporary labour-supply contract for an employment business.
- Delivering training on the reforms to travel and subsistence allowances and the impact on umbrella company arrangements.
Get in Touch
If you would like further information on our Recruitment services then please contact John Hayes on + 44 (0) 20 3696 8230