Whistleblowing claims have increased significantly in the last few years, particularly within regulated businesses. Whistleblowing claims are not subject to a cap on compensation and are amongst the most high-value claims brought in the Employment Tribunal, as well as being some of the most reputationally damaging. The financial services sector has seen a raft of new regulation designed to increase the accountability of those in senior leadership for encouraging whistleblowers to come forward and acting on their disclosures.
We can help your business by:
- Reviewing or drafting whistleblowing policies and related contractual documentation to ensure they are effective and legally compliant. This includes advising on the new whistleblowing requirements which apply in the financial services sector.
- Training your staff on whistleblowing obligations and procedures in order to reduce the risk of a claim arising and delivery of a Whistleblowing Tool-Kit.
- Advising you on how to investigate and respond to whistleblowing allegations.
- Defending whistleblowing claims brought against the company or its staff or representing individuals wishing to pursue a whistleblowing claim.
- Advising one of the UK’s leading private banks to resolve a complex whistleblowing claim and working alongside the bank’s HR Director and General Counsel.
- Conducting an internal investigation for a FCA regulated business in relation to a whistleblowing claim brought by a former employee, mitigating the risk in relation to the same and achieving a favourable settlement.
- Advising a senior manager in a high-value whistleblowing claim, drafting his claim and representing him at a preliminary hearing before the case settled.
Get in Touch
If you would like further information on our Whistleblowing services then please contact Christopher Tutton on + 44 (0) 20 3696 8232